JDL street art alias Judith de Leeuw is a 24 y/o street artist and is born and raised in Amsterdam, NL. In 2015 she started her first commissioned works, which also caused her to graduate in art & Design in 2016. ‘I started doing spray paint by the age of 15, on the streets, where i met graffiti related people that introduced me to a spray can for the first time. Now i own a studio where i work when i don’t paint murals, on the east side of Amsterdam.’ With a passion for realism, expression and public art a new artist was brought to life. With a already a great reputation as a street artist she managed to travel and paint all over the world.
If you like to know more about the background of JDL, or her works, you can check out some articles here.
A small selection of articles and media about JDL street art. You can click the links below to visit the articles.
RSAM X JDL Street art / Commercial Screen short video
Rotterdam Street Art Museum collaborated with JDL Street Art (aka Judith de Leeuw) and Winne to create a 36 meter high flat building in front of Rotterdam Central Station. (Kruisplein). The process was captured and played over all the big commercial screens all over the city.
WWF ‘Save the Tiger Campaign’
During the World Tiger Day, Judith de Leeuw, aka JDL Street Art, created a tiger’s eye of five by two meters with spray paint on the Leidseplein in Amsterdam. The street artist, together with the World Nature Fund (WNF) and Street Art Museum Amsterdam (SAMA), promotes awareness for tigers in the wild.
Winner Dutch Street Art Awards 2017 – Young Talent
Every year the Dutch Street Art Awards nominates the most creative and skilled artists under the age of 25 in the Netherlands. This year’s winner was the youngest so far. Jury report: “It is difficult to make these portraits in gray tones, with such details in the process and adding so much emotion to it. As far as the jury is concerned, the convincing winner of the Young Talent Award is the female street artist who can carry on the tradition of the old Dutch masters.”
Mural in Heerlen
JDL Street Art, alias Judith de Leeuw, painted a 10m high mural in Heerlen of Myrthe Bolt in collaboration with Getting Up Street Art Foundation in 2017. The model started off her career at the model agency operating inside of the building. The artist conceived a detailed and impressive life story of the model and decided to create a temporary monument for the neighbourhood.
Projects & Education
- 2013-2016 Art & Design Amsterdam, (Graphic design, entrepreneurship in the creative industry, 3D, photography, painting & drawing)
- 2016-2017 Bachelor in Fine arts, Willem de Kooning Academy, Rotterdam.
Selection of projects:
- Alone Together (Patras, Greece) 20m Mural, Curated by Art in Progress / Artwalk 4
- Construction (Epinal, France) 5x3m Mural, Curated by Le Mur Epinal
- Making A Career (Port Klang, Kuala Lumpur) 15m Public Mural, Curated by Tan Chor Whye
- Finding the Right Path (Port Klang, Kuala Lumpur) 12m Public Mural, Curated by Tan Chor Whye
- L’urban Week Paris La Défense / Underground Effect #4 (La Défense, Paris), 3x5m live painting, Curated by Projet Saato
- War Child (Amsterdam, NL) 4m high canvas auction for charity.
- Portrait of Winne (Rotterdam Central Station / Kruisplein) 36m high flatbuilding, Curated by Rotterdam Street Art Museum.
- Mural Heerlen (Netherlands) 10m high mural, curated by Getting Up.
- Mural Desaku(Malaysia) 10m mural, curated by Tan Chor Whye
- The Art of BANKSY(beurs van Berlage, Amsterdam) Live painting
- Athens Street Art festival, Government of Athens / Municipality of Nikaia (Athens) 15m high mural
- WWF / Wereld natuur fonds (Leidseplein, Amsterdam) Video campaign, 5×2,5m canvas, curated by Street Art Museum Amsterdam
- Open Air Street Art Museum Paris (Vitry-sur seine, Paris) 3x2m murals, curated by Streetart 360
- Roskilde Festival (Roskilde, Denmark) 4x6m mural
- Child of the state (Heerlen, NL) 8x5m canvas, Heerlen. Curated by Getting up and Fair Life Foundation. In collaboration with Carla Van De Puttelaar.
- Unframed (Heerlen, NL) 8x5m, 2x2m and 2,5×2,2m canvasses. Group exhibition. Curated by Getting up.
- Amsterdam Light Festival 2m Canvas board
- Sealskin B.V / Tiger B.V, Shower campaign, two 2m canvasses
- ASA Go Show (GoGallery, Amsterdam, NL) Exhibition
- Orange Babies (Amsterdam) Auctioned canvas for charity
- The International Amsterdam Tattoo Convention (Amsterdam) Live painting
- The Streets (Berlin) Murals and canvas
- Street Art Museum NDSM Warf (Amsterdam) 5m high canvas
- Freakcity Tattoo (Westerpark, Amsterdam) 2m high Mural
- Step in the Arena 2016 (Eindhoven, Netherlands) Live painting
- Cheyenne Professional Tattoo Equipment / Ink Days Zurich (Zurich) Exhibition
- Rossano Roncelli Tattoo (Basel, Switserland) Several canvasses
- Rewriters 010 (Rotterdam) Live painting
- Cretopia Rotterdam (Rotterdam) 2m mural
- ‘Heart of Art’, 2015 (Curated by Amsterdam Street Art) exhibition
- Amsterdam Urban art Fair 2015 & 2016 (Curated by Amsterdam urban art fair) Exhibition
- Urban Art Festival (Curated by Urban art NOW, Amsterdam) Exhibition
- Kings of Colors Jam(Den Bosch, NL) 2 meter public mural
- Salon D01(Marnixpool, Amsterdam) 4m high mural
- BAUT & Dreesmann (Rokin, Amsterdam) 20m wide mural
- BAUT Paradijs (Oostpoort district, Paradijsplein, Amsterdam) 15m high mural
- BAUT Spaarndammerstraat (Amsterdam) 15m wide mural
- Amy Winehouse, Boulangerie Le Mortier (Fokke Simonzstraat / Weteringscirquit, Amsterdam) Mural
Work that’s for sale
195,- Including VAT, EX. Shipping
Limited edition print. In collaboration with Carla van de Puttelaar, who made the photograph on which the painting was modelled. Signed and numbered by JDL.
Edition size: 20
Size: 70 x 45 cm
Type: giclée print
Characteristics: Hahnemuhle White Velvet 270 grs.
In stock: 8/20
All orders will be handled personally and contractually via email. Worldwide shipping.
People we’ve worked with
Want to know more or are have we piqued your curiousity? Feel free to contact us in regards to any requests, projects or art purchases.
- Judith de Leeuw
- JDL Street art
- +316 23218814